Tuesday 30 July 2013

My Good-Luck/Bad-Luck Mojo

Hey guys!

So, major Sarah Dessen fan here.


I entered a contest to meet her, not thinking I'd win. Well, imagine my reaction when this letter showed up:

Dear Emi,

  I'm delighted to let you know that you have been selected as one of our winners.

 The photo shoot will take place before the event at 2:30. As stated in the contest, you will then be one of the first few people in line for the signing, which will take place after the event.

  Given the number of people who responded, as well as the enthusiasm for
Sarah's event, we have selected 3 teens and 2 non-teens. There are, therefore, 5 winners in total.

If, for any reason, you cannot attend the event, please let us know asap. When you arrive at 2:30 on Tuesday, please ask for me.

Thank you and congratulations,
Sara

It looked something like this:


 And this:



Imagine my absolute distress when I found out that I would have to show up TOMORROW. As in, I would have already have to have left if I wanted to meet her. Sucks.

So I spent the rest of the day moping around that I had missed meeting her.

On the brighter side, I'm SUPER excited because her new book was on book shelves!!


HEHE! The cover is beautiful.  I want to read it SO BAD.

Soon. Very soon. And then you'll all hear about it. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment